This draft was started last year but I ended up taking a break from blogging and didn’t finish/post it. Contrary to what you may or may not see on my Instagram, I’m not really a fan of Christmas. But other people are, so I figure I can try and do that whole “fake it till you make it” thing. Is it working? Maybe this will help.
Bottom Line Up Front, I caught this little questionnaire on The Dancing Runner’s blog and thought “tis the season”… So…..
1. What Christmas song from your childhood do you still have memorized? Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg. The batmobile lost a wheel, and Joker got away. Hey!
2. Plane, train or automobile…what is your most memorable trip in one of these? By far the trip that Noodle, his mom, and I took to Vegas way back when… I’ll add it to the list of posts to make later… Long story.
3. What is one question you wish people would ask more often? “Whhaaazzzzuuuuupppppp!?”
4. There are three layers in a cake, which flavors would you pick (they don’t have to taste good together!)? Bacon… Final answer. And… Um… This quiz doesn’t seem very Christmassy so far… Or maybe that’s just me…
5. What outdoor winter activity do you love? Who doesn’t love a good snow ball fight!?
6. What are three things on your “bucket list?” By now you SHOULD know that I occasionally post about my bucket list on this blog. You should probably go and check out those posts.
7. What was your fondest food memory from a holiday celebration? I’m not a fan of turkey, and from what I remember, neither is the rest of my immediate family. I remember being at my great-uncle’s house one Thanksgiving and overhearing him tell my Dad about the deep fryer that he was cooking the turkey in. The way that he described it, how different it would taste, how amazing it would be, made me want to try some. So, when it was done, I filled my plate. It tasted like turkey, nothing special, and that plate went to waste.
8. Name one place you could never live because of the winter weather. I love the area that I live now. Here I get all 4 seasons, not too harsh but not necessarily mild either. I don’t think I could live much further north.
9. What was the most memorable holiday celebration you had at school? I have no idea. Um… None of them really come to mind. At work however, on my first deployment, we had a grand old time around Christmas. We were busy as hell, in a constant state of either preparing for a convoy or on a convoy, and somehow in the midst of that we managed to throw a little impromptu Christmas party.
10. Which celebrity would you want to have as a friend? What would you buy them for Christmas? I have to pick just one celebrity!? So, for this one I did a little bit of research. I figure my friend should be around about my same age. So I googled “celebrities in their 30s”, which resulted in a rather large drop down list. But, I was able to minimize the list, and when I did so it left me with four visible options. I’m not going to list the four, but I’ll say that out of this four I could see myself being friends with three of them. Two of those three I would probably have some sort of (likely one sided) sexual tension with. So… Jake Gyllenhaal, buddy, pal, dear friend, which scotch would you prefer? Oh, also, I’m going to get a card from a random occasion, cross whatever it is out and write in “Christmas”, arts and crafts a family photo out of whatever I have in my junk drawer, and put it inside.
11. If you could design your own ugly Christmas sweater, what would it look like? First of all, it would be a onesie, with the feet attached. And a Santa hat. With antlers sticking out of it. And a tail. And it would have zippered pockets. Literally nothing else matters.
12. What is your favorite Christmas cookie? Chocolate chip, next question.
13. If you could have super power, what would it be and would you use it for good? Teleportation, definitely, and of course I’d use it for good…..
14. What are your three favorite desserts on the Christmas buffet? I’m not really a sweets guy, so I’d probably only make it through one cookie and stop. But if not, I’d add in brownies and eggnog.
15. If you could bring any Disney character to life, who would it be? So… The first one to come to mind is Belle, because… That’s my future wife… And that sounded less creepy in my head. Moving on…
16. Which store would you most want a present from? Philadelphia Runner.
17. Describe what family means to you in three words. My loved ones.
18. How early do you think you should be allowed to open Christmas presents? Midnight on Christmas day, and not a second before.
19. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Die Hard, yippee ki-yay…
20. If you could have one wish granted at Christmas, what would it be? I pride myself on being genuine and honest on my blog. To the point where I have an entire section dedicated to “the most embarrassing things that I’m willing to publicly admit”, and if you’ve read those posts you’d know that I share A LOT with you guys. But this is one that I’m going to keep to myself. Sorry, not sorry.
Until next time, be good for goodness sake.
One Comment Add yours